Friday, June 22, 2012

 I thought I'd mix things up a bit, and try some older books, some that most of us have read while younger, as well as more contemporary books, and hopefully will appeal to a variety of people of various ages.

"It's Like This, Cat" is an older book, one I've never heard of, let alone read.  I'm about 5 chapters in, and it's an easy read, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes me.  It starts out with Davey, a young boy that has a strained relationship with his dad.  His dad is a dog person, so of course this young man brings home a cat - and causes a bit of a ruckus, but in the end gets to keep "Cat", even though his mom has asthma and is a bit frail.

Cat gets himself into a bit of a pickle, and Davey meets Tom.  Tom, is older, and helps, and Cat is free to go back home - and Davey has found a new friend.


We'll learn more about Tom next time.


Reading on,


Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment