Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Computers, Cookies and Bribes

So a couple nights ago, I  boot up my computer - or should I say I attempted to boot it up?  Crash and burn - it would not boot up.  My husband tried to fix it, but no go, it was a goner.  By the time he got to work on it, I had been without my computer for 2 very long days.  Third day, I head to a local store that offers computer repairs, and take my poor dead computer in for a visit, only to be told that it'd be 2-3 days before they could transfer the data from the crashed drive. 

I about swallowed my tongue.  2-3 MORE days?  ACKKK, no can do!  So I smile sweetly and go look for a new computer.  I find "the" one, and talk to the salesperson (sweetly) and ask him how much pull he has with the guru's, and explain I really need my new computer to have all the old data on it and up and ready to go TODAY before they close.  He said he's see what he could do, and came back without an exact time.  We head to the guru area, and lo and behold the guy that would be doing the actual work was there - and of course I tell him.."I need this done TODAY".  He sort of just smiled and didn't say he would, so I toss in a bribe - I'll make you homemade cookies if you have it done by tonight. 

I'm happy to report that I walked in the store 15 minutes before close, and left with the new computer, loaded with all my pictures, browser favorites and other things that made it uniquely "my" computer - and he went home with cookies.  (I even left some there for the sales guy since he was so great too).

Needless to say, I am a happy camper!


Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment