Friday, July 13, 2012

"Why Are Turtles So Wild and Crazy" is a great non-fiction book for young children.  There are a lot of full color pictures of various types of turtles.  The pictures are terrific, and interesting to see, even for an adult.  The book explains things such as how the shell is not a "house", but is a connected part of the turtle's body, and is in fact part of it's backbone and ribs.  Chalk up one lesson for this adult - I knew of course it couldn't be detached, but I didn't know it was spine and ribs.  Interesting!  Another lesson for me was that some turtles live in small herds and in a manner similar to that of dogs, they sniff each other.  Who would have known?

There are a couple other interesting turtle facts, but I'll leave those as a surprise.  I liked this book a lot - interesting, educational., and and most importantly for the kiddo's - FUN to read!

Reading on,


Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment