Friday, May 18, 2012

As I'm sure most pet owners know, there has been another huge recall of various brands of pet foods recently.  Scary stuff to say the least.  Are we killing our pets with processed foods?  Should we gamble with the life and well-being of our beloved four-legged family members by feeding these things? 

During the prior pet food scare I started wondering about all of this, and now feed my two small dogs only human foods.  I add a vitamin every couple of days to ensure that they are getting proper nutrition .  Unfortunately the cost seemed prohibitive for feeding a very large dog the same way, so our large dog gets all the "goodies" I make in addition to his kibble.  I've felt comfortable with this method of feeding until now.  Another recall increased my fear level about the health of my dogs, which lead to more research and a new book on the topic.

My first review is a result of all this, and I'll let you all know what I've learned.  The book I will be reviewing is:

"Dr. Becker's REAL FOOD For Healthy Dogs & Cats: Simple Homemade Food"  (3rd Edition)
Authors: Beth Taylor & Karen Shaw Becker, DVM
ISBN: 9780982533116
2011 Natural Pet Productions

I'll let you know what I think in a few days!


Reading on,

Deb




No comments:

Post a Comment