Friday, May 25, 2012

Chapters One Through Four

The first four chapters of this book are purely informational.  The why's of making your own pet food, the cost comparisons, and the nutritional value.  I went into the first pages thinking "YES!  I want better tasting, wholesome food for my dogs, YES! I want to save money!  YES! I want to be assured that my dogs get the most nutritious food possible!"  I was excited, and a bit smug in the fact that I do feed the two little guys homemade food.  Then, in 13 short pages,  the reading got a little more intense, with charts,  percentages, weights and calorie counts.   My brain started to shut down,  I'm not a math person, I don't want to have to figure things out - I just want to cook healthy meals for my dogs.  I don't have to do all this "figuring" for my family meals!
At this point, frankly, I had to force myself to keep reading and not cheat again.  Really - I got this book because I want to COOK not become a scientist!   I persevered, not overly enthused, and continued to read on into chapters 5 and 6.  They discuss   preparation, equipment, storage and recipes.   I'll cover that here next time.


Reading on,


Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment