Monday, May 21, 2012

Book - "Dr. Becker's REAL FOOD for Healthy Dogs and Cats: Simple homemade food "
Authors - Beth Taylor and Karen Shaw Becker, DVM



Since I am so afraid of commercial dog foods after all of the repeated recalls in recent years, I started this book totally enthused and ready to start a new way of cooking for my dogs.   (Remember - I already do cook for them, and the two small dogs don't get any dog food).  I've been careful to rotate protein sources, change veggies, add flax seed, etc., etc..

I started reading the book and first thing it says is to read all the text, don't jump right into the recipes.  Fair enough - I shall read!  Then of course, I cheated and peeked at the recipes.  EGADS!  My quick peek showed micronutrients, different types of fat, (the likes of which I'd never heard of), Copper, and more.  Whoa - I felt like I might need to be a chemist to pull this off!

Back to the beginning I quickly went, which is where I was supposed to be before deciding to cheat - no more of that.  So, I began to read.

Next time, I'll discuss what I learned in the first few chapters.

Reading on,

Deb




No comments:

Post a Comment